...that I have discovered in my first two and a half weeks in Germany:
1. I need a new winter coat.
2. In Europe, even the overgrown paths through the woods have the remains of brick/cobblestone paving.
3. It is nearly impossible to fake laugh at a joke that you don’t understand when the joke is in a different language.
4. The reason we have stereotyped Germans as fat, wurst-eating, beer-drinking people is because when we come over here and start drinking their beer and eating their wurst we get really fat, and we want our friends back home to believe that everyone over here is fat so we don’t look so bad.
5. Whoever coined the phrase “sleep like a baby” had no idea what they were talking about.
6. McDonalds is everywhere, but everywhere people know that it is junk food.
7. Celsius and meters make more sense.
8. Mastercard was wrong: don’t leave home without your own coffee.
9. Don’t underestimate the value of uncarbonated water.
10. Nutella. The end.